- The Shipping Associate is responsible for the standard shipping and production of merchandise. Shipping tasks include picking, packing, and shipment of orders.
- Organize and prioritize orders according to daily needs and workflow.
- Ensure outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Participate in the company’s annual inventory.
- Utilize computers, printers, pallet jacks, lifters/crowns, forklifts, and other tools.
- Ensure equipment is adequately maintained and in good working condition to complete the job.
- Wear safety equipment and take precautions to prevent merchandise from being damaged or dropped.
- Gloves, safety goggles, and steel-toed shoes must be worn to avoid injury.
- Maintain work area clean and organized.
- Comply with OSHA standards at all times.
Knowledge/ Experience/ Skills
- Should have written and verbal communication skills.
- Simple mathematical skills.
- Ability to efficiently coordinate with internal and external factors of the company.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Knowledge of the safety procedures for handling and receiving goods.
- Ability to effectively manage time.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints, with particular attention to detail. Ability to grow; continually learning about new products, services, and presentation methods for CTP products.
- Must react to changes productively and handle miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- The position requires lifting to 50 lbs
- To be standing and in constant movement
- Work at an altitude of up to two floors
- Go up and down ladders and stairs
- Bend waist and knees
- Ability to use both hands to lift/ move parts and push or pull carts.
- Good hearing and vision skills
- Ability to handle outside temperatures, whether hot or cold, which can immediately affect the parts of equipment being used in the work area.