Performs all maintenance-related work assignments to ensure all electric and combustion are appropriately maintained in safe and reliable working order. Completes all scheduled preventative maintenance/work assignments and supports final repair results with detailed documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs unassisted routine preventative maintenance and minor repairs on various electrical and combustion forklifts, Order chasers, air compressors, and other equipment for the entire facility.
- Maintains assigned tools and supports the accurate inventory of all company-supplied tools.
- Maintains high-quality appearance of the equipment, building, and grounds.
- Updates maintenance forklift assignment records via the computerized maintenance management system.
- Perform minor welding tasks with electrical welding equipment, and be knowledgeable of all safety practices relating to welding processes.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in on-the-job training for all skill types involved with the maintenance and repair of equipment and the facility.
- Resolves minor conveyor system variations and malfunctions.
- Resolve minor electric/combustion forklift malfunctions.
- Safety focus.
- Abide by all company safety and conduct requirements.
- Will switch over to the facility maintenance crew on occasions when needed as per the needs of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Able to adjust readily to change and adapt as needed.
- Able to answer phones and greet the public friendly and courteously.
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Able to work constructively under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Able to effectively use relevant material handling equipment.
- Able to execute oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Able to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Able to provide courteous, timely service when addressing customer questions and concerns.
- Able to read technical journals.
- Able to remain on feet for extended periods.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards of the trade and necessary safety precautions.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of one year experience where primary assignment as a multi-craft maintenance mechanic assistant.
- Basic AC & DC electricity.
- Experience repairing and maintaining essential mechanical devices required.
- Able to bend, crawl, and do some lifting.
- Able to carry.
- Able to climb.
- Able to kneel.
- Able to walk between buildings/work areas.
- Distribution center environment
- Exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Exposure to high noise levels.
- Exposure to outside weather conditions.
- Exposure to cloudy conditions.
- Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires.
- On-call availability is required, as necessary.
- Able to identify colors visually