At CTP, we pride ourselves on being a global provider of quality replacement parts for Caterpillar® and Komatsu® equipment and engines. Our commitment to excellence extends beyond our products and into our exceptional service. Our core values of Innovation, Gratitude, Collaboration, Trust, Excellence, and Service guide everything we do. Our modern work environment offers growth opportunities, wellness programs, regular social events, a relaxed atmosphere, on-the-job training, and a safe and lively setting.
We are seeking an experienced logistics coordinator who will be responsible for the daily execution of invoicing and shipping activities within the logistics department. The logistics coordinator will support the smooth execution of all planned and prioritized shipments assigned by the logistics lead and/or Sr. Logistics specialist to warranty an effective and efficient service to our internal and external customers, adding value to our customers, providing a great customer experience; following the stablished process and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the logistics lead and Sr. Logistics specialist to execute the assigned daily tasks, and guarantee an effective and efficient execution of our logistics services.
- Manage all different mode of transportations (FCL, LCL, Airfreight, FTL, LTL and parcel services such as UPS, DHL, FedEx for domestics and international shipments.
- Must be able to perform other clerical tasks including but not limited to scanning, filing, POE, closing shipments and attending the warehouse window.
- Determines the most appropriate supplier and mode of transportation, utilizing industry knowledge and experience to select the most effective service, rate, and transit time combination.
- Resolves invoicing or service complaints corresponding to the prepared or dispatched shipments accordingly.
- Reviews all pending shipments assigned, and advises sales representatives of any delays due to instructions, transit times, shipping requirements or payment issues.
- Reviews Shipping Menu (AS400) to ensure that all shipments are on schedule and that all information pertaining to the order has been updated in the system.
- Compares shipment information such as item counts, weighs, or measurements of incoming or outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Notifies Shipping Associates and Sales Representatives whenever an order has been cancelled.
- Responsible for the complete and accurate processing of invoices.
- Verifies payments in order to proceed with shipments.
- Coordinating with carrier for merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Performs other clerical duties as required, including, but not limited to, filing, data processing, etc.
- Ability to learn new import or export requirements necessary to comply with domestic and international trade regulations.
- Must be able to react to changes productively and handle miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- Ensures that billing of freight charges is effectively carried out; coordinated payment of all freight charges. Oversees record keeping with respect to charges. Interacts with Accounts Receivable concerning payment questions.
- Examines airway bills and bills of lading for domestic and international shipments.
- Schedule pickups for Freight Forwarder or Couriers to meet the customer’s requested delivery date.
- Prepares tracers on lost shipments; and preparing and filing claims for damages, lost shipments, and overcharges.
- Ensure good customer relations by consistently delivering shipments on time and acting in a courteous and professional manner.
- Market knowledge of Ocean freight service, carriers, service providers and TEU rates from Asia pacific, Europe, Middle East regions.
- Advanced customer service skills to collaborate with both, internal customers (purchasing team) and external Freight Forwarders/Consolidators to obtain the best service at the most competitive rates.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Miami, FL 33166: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- How many years of Experience in (AS) Export processes do you have?
- Are you familiar with LCL?
- Are you familiar with SLI?
- Are you familiar with HTS Codes?
- Logistics: 3 years (Required)
- English (Deal Breaker)
- Spanish (Deal Breaker)
Work Location: In person