Junior Merchandise Analyst Will select merchandise to order, place orders, and stay involved in inventory distribution. Review the success of previous orders to determine the extent to which inventory should be replenished. Responsible for the research of new trends and or advances in product lines to make appropriate buying decisions. In charge of looking for new products to grow the CTP Store.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze inventory needs for CTP Store and order inventory as needed to guarantee stock availability.
- Keep track of purchase order confirmation and follow-up of open and backorders.
- Secures and analyzes quotations; negotiate prices and terms with vendors.
- Data entry (prices, delivery dates, technical specifications, etc.)
- Evaluate the quality and service of suppliers periodically.
- Inform suppliers about any nonconformance related to quality, invoicing, shipping documents, responsiveness to any inquiry, and service to look for improvement as needed.
- Build a strong relationship with suppliers to expand business opportunities.
- Keep informed and maintain control of all issues related to suppliers in charge.
- Collect & organize all required information to approve new suppliers.
- Suggest changes to help improve workflow and purchasing process.
- Perform other clerical duties as required, including, but not limited to, filing, data processing, typing, etc.
As part of the job, the position also requires that you can react productively to changes and handle other tasks as assigned.