The Territory Manager is responsible for the planning and implementation of strategic business plans for his/her territory.
Prepares cross–training strategy to have a team ready to perform in any given situation.
Organizes and presents business/marketing presentations to large groups and individuals including colleagues and management.
Provides timely and accurate quarterly reports of progress. Responsible for seeking new and innovative strategies for improving sales. This position requires strong negotiating skills. Willingness to travel at least 45% of the time. Must have technical knowledge of our products:
- Product performance and specifications.
- Product application.
- Product Troubleshooting
- Very time–consuming and technically complex applications are referred to Quality Control/ R&D Departments.
Continually learns about new products and services and methods of presentation for these products, demonstrating ability, skills, and knowledge of all existing and new products and services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates, follows, and evaluates an approved strategic business plan for every quarter.
- Provides timely and accurate quarterly reports of progress.
- Establishes realistic sales goals and methods of assisting Representatives to attain the quotas.
- Assess team member performance according to results.
- Maintains and/ or exceeds yearly sales projections with specific and clear strategies.
- Increases market share by promoting CTP products and services; conducting sales presentations to both groups and individuals; promoting special marketing plans and programs; presenting CTP products and services as solutions to CAT® replacement part needs and requirements to current and potential customers.
- Oversees Top Accounts within the specified territory.
- Penetrates new markets where CTP does not have distribution.
- Creates new accounts and screens referrals for distributors.
- Recommends price structures to customers within a territory based on the Business Type and distribution potential of the CTP brand.
- Prepares a Cross Training strategy in workgroups to have a team back – up plan.
- Motivates team members into doing call reports, sales calls, and follow-up quotations.
- Participates in the planning and formation of CTP’s marketing and sales strategy.
- Recommends products for development.
The Territory Manager requires supervision experience plus demonstrated excellent leadership, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook; fully Bilingual, in English, and Spanish. (Other Languages are a plus)
Education (Preferred Level). = College Degree
Experience (the minimum level of direct experience in similar a position) = 3 to 5 years