- Operate powered industrial trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, machines and loading docks into trucks or storage facilities. The Associate must drive a load to carry, accommodate, relocate, or stack heavy goods.
- The forklift operator is responsible for the vehicle’s safety, efficiency, and operation.
- You must maintain the load optimally and keep your workplace clean and organized.
- In addition, to the normal functions of the position, it is required to carry out other functions such as collecting or seeking orders or performing other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- It is required to be available to move to other work centers as required by the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Unload the received merchandise and move the parts to the different places where they will be stored.
- Depending on the order, look for the parts or the pallets and brings them to the dispatch area where they will be delivered to the Courier or client.
- Take out and prepare parts orders to send to other Warehouses or places. Must be detailed oriented and careful to select the correct part according to the order description.
- Must meet OSHA standards.
- Must use the seat belt at all times and must check Forklift/Equipment is working correctly.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must have a license to drive trucks and forklifts.
- Must have basic knowledge of the use of a computer and printers.
- Must know the stretch machine, pallet jacks, lifters, heat sealer, conveyor, cranes, pneumatic device, and other tools.
- Must handle the proper equipment to lift heavy things, gloves, safety glasses, and shoes with steel protection.
- This position requires lifting up to 50 pounds, standing, and constantly moving. Ability to push or pull
- Must be able to speak and write, go up and down stairs, and bend the waist and knees
- Must have good vision and listen well
- Capacity to resist the temperature of the work area, which is affected by the ambient temperature, the heat generated by some machines, and the changes in weather