The Facilities Manager oversees a company’s grounds, buildings, and equipment to ensure the workspace is safe and functional. Their duties include negotiating contracts with service providers, inspecting facilities to meet safety regulations, and coordinating renovations and updates. These tasks are not limited to CTP and CTP Boxes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delegating cleaning and maintenance tasks to team members.
- Monitoring the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas, such as offices, conference rooms, parking lots, and outdoor recreation spaces.
- Performing routine maintenance on facilities and making repairs as needed.
- Scheduling routine inspections and emergency repairs with outside vendors.
- Ensuring proper security measures for the workplace, including collaborating with security system vendors or a team of security professionals.
- Maintaining day-to-day operations of facilities, such as delegating or completing maintenance orders.
- Creating reports on maintenance, repairs, safety, and other occurrences for supervisors and relevant staff.
- Preparing facilities for changing weather conditions.
- Collaborating with building owners and upper management on budgeting for facilities needs.
- Supervise the maintenance and efficiencies of manufacturing and distribution equipment such as conveyors, forklifts, packing machines, elevators, etc.
- Collaborate with HR to create safety policies and procedures.
- Supervise all facilities staff members (janitors, mechanics, maintenance associates, etc.) and external contractors.
- Three years of experience or more
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. (English and Spanish).
- Leadership skills.
- Training techniques.
- Advanced mechanical skills and knowledge of plumbing, HVAC, and other building systems
- Proficiency with repair tools and techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to speak with all levels of employees, guests, vendors, and team members
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization abilities
- Keen attention to detail and efficient problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift heavy equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Comfortable standing or walking for long periods.