At CTP, we pride ourselves on being a global provider of quality replacement parts for Caterpillar® and Komatsu® equipment and engines. Our commitment to excellence extends beyond our products and into our exceptional service. Our core values of Innovation, Gratitude, Collaboration, Trust, Excellence, and Service guide everything we do. Our modern work environment offers growth opportunities, wellness programs, regular social events, a relaxed atmosphere, on-the-job training, and a safe and lively setting.
We are looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer with knowledge in Diesel engines to join our team. This position requires an individual with a strong technical background in mechanical engineering, as well as the ability to think critically and solve complex problems. The ideal candidate will also have experience in ICE Internal Combustion Engines and know how to understand and read technical drawings.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish agreements with suppliers: purchasing contracts, negotiation of prices, blanket orders, and payment terms, and maintain the system updated.
- Analyze product lists provided by suppliers.
- Evaluate on a periodic basis the quality and service of suppliers.
- Support the Quality Control department with the process of claims with suppliers.
- Attending suppliers’ visits and meetings.
- Collect & organize all required information to approve new suppliers.
- Inform suppliers about any nonconformance related to quality, invoicing, shipping documents, responsiveness to any inquiry, and/or service to look for improvement as needed.
- Build strong and close business relationships with suppliers to expand business opportunities.
- Visit suppliers as needed.
- Supervise purchasing tasks assigned to Junior Buyers.
- Keep informed and maintain control of all issues related to suppliers in charge.
- Always maintain inventory of parts.
- Analyze needs and issue purchase orders accordingly.
- Keep track of purchase order confirmations.
- Coordinate with Junior Buyer to update delivery dates in the system upon receiving confirmation from suppliers.
- Liaise with Logistics to find the best way to ship the products.
- Keep track of shipping documents on purchase orders.
- Supply information regarding deadlines and payment terms to the accounting department.
- Coordinate with Buyers and Purchasing Analysts to revise orders with an expired delivery date, monitor urgent items, and cancel those not meeting the promised shipping dates.
- Revision of items listed as: under minimum qty to take the necessary actions opportunely.
- Keep supervisors informed of purchasing complications, new developments, etc.
- Suggest changes to help improve workflow and purchasing process.
Research & Development
- Managing developing projects of specific groups of products.
- Seeking new sources for products as required.
- Familiarize and investigate all products that are being bought.
- Identify parts that can be purchased from established suppliers.
- Identify parts that have the potential to be further developed.
- Coordinate with Quality Control and Marketing activities related to incorporating new items in inventory.
- Identification and contact of new suppliers depending on the category assigned.
- Revision of assigned products and permanently looking for the most cost-effective opportunities.
- Support and guide Buyers in the development processes.
- Maintain the Marketing Department informed of all new products.
- Attend shows and events related to the market as required.
- As part of the job, the position requires you to react productively to changes and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Expert knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel (Advanced Level). And Outlook.
- Fully bilingual excellent verbal and written communications skills in both English and Spanish.
- High standards of honesty and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of diesel engine parts.
- Able to work under pressure and with little or no supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Skills to effectively plan, organize, and administrate job responsibilities.
- Effective facilitation, analytical, and decision-making skills with an ability to think with a broad, outside-the-box perspective.
- Teamwork skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 5 years
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Miami, FL 33166: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Please consider the following questions to determine if you meet the qualifications for this position.
- Do you Speak Spanish?
- Do you speak English?
- How many years of Experience in Heavy Equipment do you have?
- How many years of experience in internal combustion engines (Diesel Engines) do you have?
- How many years of experience do you have in reading/understanding technical drawings?
- Mechanical Engineer: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person