CTP® is a leading global supplier of high-quality replacement parts for Caterpillar® and Komatsu® equipment and engines. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in our core values of Innovation, Gratitude, Collaboration, Trust, Excellence, and Service. We not only provide top-of-the-line tractor parts, but we also offer exceptional customer service.
Our work environment fosters growth, with modern offices, wellness programs, regular social events, and a relaxed atmosphere. We also offer on-the-job training and prioritize a safe and lively atmosphere.
As a Territory Manager, your role is to develop and execute strategic business plans for your designated territory. You will cross-train your team to be prepared for any situation and deliver engaging business and marketing presentations to large groups and individuals, including colleagues and management. You will provide timely and accurate progress reports and seek innovative strategies to improve sales. This position requires strong negotiation skills, and willingness to travel at least 45% of the time. Your knowledge should include:
- Product performance and specifications.
- Product application.
- Product Troubleshooting
- Very time–consuming and technically complex applications are referred to Quality Control/ R&D Departments.
Continually learns about new products and services and methods of presentation for these products, demonstrating ability, skills, and knowledge of all existing and new products and services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates, follows, and evaluates an approved strategic business plan for every quarter.
- Provides timely and accurate quarterly reports of progress.
- Establishes realistic sales goals and methods of assisting Representatives to attain the quotas.
- Assess team member performance according to results.
- Maintains and/ or exceeds yearly sales projections with specific and clear strategies.
- Increases market share by promoting CTP products and services; conducting sales presentations to both groups and individuals; promoting special marketing plans and programs; presenting CTP products and services as solutions to CAT® replacement part needs and requirements to current and potential customers.
- Oversees Top Accounts within the specified territory.
- Penetrates new markets where CTP does not have distribution.
- Creates new accounts and screens referrals for distributors.
- Recommends price structures to customers within a territory based on the Business Type and distribution potential of the CTP brand.
- Prepares a Cross Training strategy in workgroups to have a team back – up plan.
- Motivates team members into doing call reports, sales calls, and follow-up quotations.
- Participates in the planning and formation of CTP’s marketing and sales strategy.
- Recommends products for development.
The Territory Manager requires supervision experience plus demonstrated excellent leadership, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook; fully Bilingual, in English, and Spanish. (Other Languages are a plus)
Education (Preferred Level). = College Degree
Experience (the minimum level of direct experience in similar a position) = 3 to 5 years