The Territory Manager is responsible for planning and implementing strategic business plans for their territory. Prepares cross–training strategy to have a team ready to perform in any given situation. Organizes and presents business/marketing presentations to large groups and individuals, including colleagues and management. Provides timely and accurate quarterly reports of progress. Responsible for seeking new and innovative strategies for improving sales. This position requires strong negotiating skills. Willingness to travel at least 45% of the time. Must have technical knowledge of our products: ➢ Product performance and specifications. ➢ Product application. ➢ Product troubleshooting ➢ Very time–consuming and technically complex applications are referred to the Quality Control/ R&D Departments. Continually learns about new products and services and presentation methods for these products, demonstrating ability, skills, and knowledge of all existing and new products and services.
- Creates follows, and evaluates an approved strategic business plan every quarter.
- Provides timely and accurate quarterly reports of progress.
- Establishes realistic sales goals and methods of assisting Representatives in attaining the quotas.
- Assess team member performance according to results.
- Maintains and exceeds yearly sales projections with specific and clear strategies.
- Increases market share by promoting CTP products and services; conducting sales presentations to groups and individuals; promoting unique marketing plans and programs; presenting CTP products and services as solutions to CAT® replacement part needs and requirements to current and potential customers.
- Oversees Top Accounts within the specified territory.
- Penetrates new markets where CTP does not have distribution.
- Creates new accounts and screens referrals for distributors.
- Recommends price structures to customers within a territory based on the business type and distribution potential of the CTP brand.
- Prepares a Cross Training strategy in workgroups to have a team back – up plan.
- Motivates team members into doing call reports, sales calls, and follow-up quotations.
- Participates in the planning and formation of CTP’s marketing and sales strategy.
- Recommends products for development.
- Recommends Promo Items to the marketing department.
- Provides a Customer – by – Customer analysis and Customer Reviews.
- Conducts and organizes team member and customer training in different required areas, both at the office/ warehouse and in the field.
- Hosts visiting customers at the office/ warehouse.
- Interacts with other departments to ensure the proper handling of customer requirements.
- Recommends services and logistics to current customers.
- Visits top accounts and coordinates with the Marketing Dept. activities and support to the customer for the CTP Brand representation.
- Coordinates stock orders and logistical support to accounts within the territory.
- Creates traveling schedule with specific objectives as well as a calculated budget.
- Keeps an up–to–date appointment scheduling with customers.
- Schedules must be presented three weeks before a trip; a detailed report must be turned in within a week after completing traveling.
The Territory Manager requires supervision experience plus demonstrated excellent leadership, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook; fully Bilingual in English and Spanish. Other languages are a plus.