The Order Picker/Shipping Associate is responsible for filling customer orders and delivering them to the delivery platform in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security, and productivity. The Order Picker is responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders being filled. Minimize order picking time by effectively gathering orders in the fastest time possible. Ability to grow; continually learning about new products, services, and presentation methods for CTP products.Must be able to react to changes productively and handle miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- The Receiving and Packing Associate is responsible for receiving the merchandise and verifying part numbers with those already in inventory.
- Must verify the condition in which the parts arrive.
- Stock parts into appropriate assigned storage areas.
- Utilize different instruments and machines to complete job functions.
- Continually learn about new products, services, and presentation methods for CTP products.
- Must be able to react to changes productively and handle miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- Validate packing slips and reports in accord with the unloaded merchandise.
- Systematically handle and store all the received goods by entering them into the CTP system.
- Make note of any damaged goods or other discrepancies and report the same to the supervising authorities.
- Manage all the stock records and inventory lists.
- Initiate and execute all safety procedures and standards regarding the storage and receipt of merchandise.
- Participate in company annual inventory.
- Utilize computers, printers, pallet jacks, lifter/crown, forklift, and other tools according to department needs to complete the task on hand.
- Prepare your area with all necessary equipment to manage incoming shipments in an orderly fashion.
- Prioritize orders by urgency and manage time wisely to ensure all shipments go out on time.
- Pick out the correct size boxes that correspond to the part being packed.
- Input shipment information into the AS400 system.
- Processing and turning in walk-in orders.
- Ensure equipment is properly maintained and in good working condition to complete the job.
- Must wear safety equipment to avoid merchandise from being damaged or dropped.
- Gloves, safety goggles, and steel-toed shoes must be worn to avoid injury.
- Maintain work area clean and organized
- Comply with OSHA standards at all times.
Knowledge and skills
- Should have written and verbal communication skills.
- Simple mathematical skills.
- Ability to efficiently coordinate with internal and external factors of the company.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Knowledge of the safety procedures for handling and receiving goods.
- Ability to effectively manage time.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Position requires lifting of up to 50 lbs
- To be standing and/or in constant movement
- Work at an altitude of up to two floor
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Are you willing to undergo a background check and drug test before hiring?
- Warehouse: 1 year (Required)