- Product Specialist – Buyer
- Full Time
- Miami, Fl 33166
- June 4, 2021
- June 4, 2021
- June 4, 2021
- Establish agreements with suppliers: purchasing contracts, negotiation of prices, blanket orders, and terms of payment and maintain the system updated.
- Analyze product lists provided by suppliers.
- Evaluate on a periodic basis the quality and service of suppliers.
- Support Quality Control Department with the process of claims with suppliers.
- Attend suppliers’ visits and meetings.
- Collect & organize all required information to approve new suppliers.
- Inform suppliers about any nonconformance related with quality, invoicing, shipping documents, responsiveness to any inquiry, and/or service to look for improvement as needed.
- Build strong and close business relationship with suppliers to expand business opportunities.
- Visit suppliers as needed.
- Maintain control of all issues related with suppliers in charge.
- Maintain inventory of parts.
- Analyze needs and purchase orders accordingly.
- Keep track of purchase order confirmations.
- Coordinate with Junior Buyers to update delivery dates in the system upon receiving confirmation from suppliers.
- Liaise with Logistics Department to find the best way to ship the products.
- Keep track of shipping documents on purchase orders.
- Supply information regarding deadlines and payment terms to Accounting Department.
- Coordinate with Junior Buyers to revise orders with an expired delivery date, monitor urgent items, and cancel those that do not meet the promised shipping dates.
- Revise the items listed as: UNDER MINIMUM QTY to take the necessary actions opportunely.
- Keep supervisors informed of complications, new developments, etc. in the purchasing process.
- Suggest changes to help improve work flow and purchasing process.
Research & Development
- Manage and develop projects of specific group of products.
- Seek new sources for products as required.
- Familiarize and investigate all products that are being bought.
- Identify parts that can be purchased with established suppliers.
- Identify parts that have potential to be further developed.
- Coordinate with the Quality and Marketing Department activities related to the incorporation of new items in inventory.
- Identification and contact new suppliers depending on category assigned.
- Revise assigned products and permanently look for most cost-effective opportunities.
- Support and guide Buyers in the development process.
- Maintain the Marketing Department informed of all new products.
- Attend shows and events related with the market as per required.
- As part of the job, the position also requires that you have the ability to react productively to changes and handle other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- The Purchasing Specialist requires expert knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel (Advanced Level). And Outlook.
- Fully bilingual excellent verbal and written communications skills in both English and Spanish.
- High standards of honesty and confidentiality.
- Able to work under pressure, and with little or no supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Skills to effectively plan, organize, and administrate job responsibilities.
- Effective facilitation, analytical, and decision-making skills with an ability to think with a broad, outside the box perspective.
- Team work
Physical Requirements & Work Conditions
This position requires, sitting (75%), walking (25%), talking, and using his/her hands, eyes, and/or ears.